Call for applications – Mama & Family Project e-internship!
As part of our Covid-19 response, SOGH decided to not perform any field work this summer. No interns from Uganda or any other country will meet the local communities we work with. In fact, their and your health are a priority for us. However, the evaluation of the Mama & Family project, a project organized and managed by SOGH and our Ugandan partner UDHA (Uganda Development and Health Associates). still needs to go ahead. Therefore, join us on our first e-internship!
As an e-intern, you will contribute to the Mama & Family Project 2019/2020 report, analysing quantitative clinical data that has been collected throughout the current project period and qualitative data on Covid-19 response in the villages encompassed in the project. All of this meeting online with your e-internship fellows and the evaluation coordinators.
The entire internship will take place online.
“Cannot travel for field work? No worries, you can still be part of Mama & Family Project evaluation. Join us this summer! Let’s work together to improve the health of families”
The applicants need to agree with a series of requirements, listed below, before going forward with her/his application:
- Willing to work in a team – The evaluation work will be done by a team of up to 4 interns and will be coordinated by members of SOGH.
- Willing to work 6-8 weeks on the project – The evaluation work will be carried out by the team of volunteers between July and August 2020, for approximately 6-8 weeks.
- Willing to attend a series of preparatory meetings prior to the internship – Compulsory preparatory meetings will be held for the interns prior to the start of the internship. These meetings will provide information on the Mama & Family Project, information on the collected data that will be analysed in the next step of the evaluation and the opportunity to get to know the evaluation team and to develop strategies for the data analysis.
- Willing to participate in writing the report – The SOGH evaluation report will be written by the interns together with the support of the SOGH team based in Stockholm and Uganda.
How to apply
If you believe this is the right opportunity for you, we are excited to get to know you better. To apply to become a SOGH 2020 summer intern, kindly send the following documents to email@example.com:
- Motivation letter (max 1 page) with why you are interested in this volunteer/internship position and confirmation that you will participate in the orientation meet-ups, starting in June
- Curriculum vitae (please include your university background and/or current employer)
Deadline: June 8, 2020 (12pm Swedish time)
We hope to hear from you soon and good luck!